My Cat Grass measures in response to COVID-19 to ensure we protect our service to you our customers, our team and our delivery network partners.
As a Pet Food registered, licensed and audited producer of a range of Pet Food Grade Cat Grass products, My Cat Grass is following the already stringent FSA guidelines on Hygiene and complying with all relevant legislation. Our Standard Operating Procedures have been reviewed and additional refresher training provided to all staff on our processes to ensure we continue to meet these high standards. Daily reviews have been scheduled to adapt to fast changing guidelines issued by the government and we will provide daily updates as things develop on this page. Please check the “Corona Virus Update: Daily Status” box highlighted in red for a snap shot of our service updates.
At present we can report that our Website, Grow Room, Packaging and Delivery operations continue to provide a full service as normal. We continue to follow the advice issued by HM Government and act accordingly.
Latest operational response
We are minimising risk across our business by implementing a new range of measures:
- De-risked our Grow Room by limiting access to only one Grow Specialist and assigned the packaging of our Ready Grown Cat Grass to one staff member, who lives on site to reduce possible contact with with the virus through travel
- Reassigned all other people to work from home
- We have reviewed our SOP’s with particular attention to our cleaning schedule including cleaning our Grow Your Own Kits & Seed Pouches at point of packaging with pet friendly anti-viral cleaning products
- Following Health England advice we continue to ship all orders in cardboard boxes as the virus does not survive transport on this material – please read our section on “Delivery Partners“
- We’ve also made arrangements to re-deploy staff to another role as required. For example, we have operational managers who are able to undertake Task Assignments in our Grow Room, packaging and shipping if required.
- Introduced extra cleaning & social distancing advice for all our staff and hold daily video-conference calls to check in with and support our teams